We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef for one of our chalet clients this winter season in Morzine. The role is to assist the Head Chef with the service, preparation and cooking. The ideal candidate should have worked in a seasonal role before, whether in a chalet or villa and have an understanding of ski-vacations.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
- The candidate needs to be a talented and creative chef to work in our kitchen this winter. You’ll need a passion for excellent ingredients yet still be relaxed and able to complement the rest of our chalet team. We have a team of chefs working together in the Chalet/Hotel and catering for guests in chalets.
- The kitchen team is responsible for all food prepared in the hotel, including breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s food, staff food and a 5-course dinner each evening.
- Work alongside the talented and experienced Head Chef preparing all menus in the morning in the main chalet.
- The role demands a personable, well-presented, clean and highly organised. The Sous chef and Commis chef will then do dinner for guests in their own private chalets and this will include laying up the tables, hosting, washing up and interacting This role includes lots of customer interaction so it is important that candidates have some experience in a customer-facing role, along with a passion to cook fresh ingredients.
- Recognised catering qualification and experience
- Previous fine dining catering experience is essential
- Great interpersonal skill
- Start date: Beginning of December 2023 to mid April 2024
- EU/UK Passport
- Fluent English
- 6 day role per week
- Accommodation included in the package (close to the working place)
- Meal whilst on duty
- Ski and boot hire for the season
- Opportunities to stay for the summer season (and another winter)
- 300 euros for flights and transfers – refunded at the end of the contract if completed
- Local ski pass – refunded at the end of the contract if completed
- Job Status: LIVE
- Responsible Consultant: Charlotte Philip-Smith
- Salary: €475 per week (net)
- Location: Morzine, France
View all seasonal roles here.