Silver Swan is recruiting for an experienced full-time Horticulturalist for a lovely UHNW family in north-west Austin, Texas. This position would be to take care of the family’s beautiful 1-acre estate, then to help set-up the grounds in their new 6-acre estate that is currently under construction nearby. The garden has about 10,000 different plants with different care requirements, so the successful Horticulturalist needs to be extremely knowledgeable about plants and flowers, with proven experience in professional gardening and proven longevity in previous roles. The Horticulturalist will be working alongside the current Grounds Manager and Estate Manager, so the ideal candidate needs to be comfortable working both independently and within a team. If you are someone with a creative flair when it comes to horticulture, and will take seasonal changes and design ideas into account, we encourage you to apply.
- Take full ownership and responsibility of the family’s 1-acre estate
- Design and set up their 6-acre estate when construction is completed
- Maintaining and care for up to 10,000 different plants and flowers and bring new life/colour to their garden in all seasons.
- Oversee the cultivation and maintenance of plants and flowers.
- Manage weed/pest control programs and weather affects
- Work in conjunction with the grounds manager and estate manager
- Excellent knowledge and experience in horticulture and gardening
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally for high-profile clients, and proven longevity
- Strong command of the English language and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Confident with dogs
- Degree-educated preferred
- Excellent references required from previous employers
- MUST be eligible to work in the US
- 40 hours per week
- The ability to set your own schedule/work hours.
- $55,000 – $65,000+ DOE with annual pay review
- Performance based bonus to start in year 2
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 50% of medical expenses covered
Job Status: LIVE
Responsible Consultant: Jessica Parkin
View all of our US vacancies here.