We are looking for an experienced chalet couple to manage the principal’s two chalets, in France & Switzerland, from December 2023 to April 2024.
The chalets are used fairly regularly by the family during the season.
The chalet couple will be expected to move between the chalets, depending on which chalet the family are visiting. There is separate, private accommodation provided at both locations. If the winter season goes well, the client will consider a permanent contract for the couple, which would mean spending winters in the alps and summers in Cornwall, UK. Therefore, EU/UK passport holders preferred for these roles (ideally Irish passport holders)
- Preparing the Chalets for the beginning of the season, and at the end.
- Family cooking and occasional dinner party (Breakfast, and Dinner most days when the family visit)
- Daily housekeeping, including the awareness of how to care for fine furnishings and fabrics.
- Overall maintaining chalet cleanliness and presentation, to the exacting family standards
- Laundry and Ironing
- Household shopping for family, and general errands (taking skis to be prepared, and dry cleaning)
- Dealing with security systems, and household technology
- Snow clearing, and light maintenance (changing of lightbulbs, recognising which contractors need to be called in)
- Letting contractors into the properties, liaising with Property Manager to book contractors where necessary.
- Driving the Family where needed (drive to the slopes, collecting from airports etc.)
- Some administration, including booking restaurants when required, and liaising with PA on family plans.
- Must have a positive and helpful attitude.
- The chalet couple must be happy to work autonomously as the family will not always be in residence.
- Laundry skills, an understanding of fine furnishes and what it takes to keep a chalet in great working order is essential.
- One of the candidates must be a confident cook and happy to prep and cook healthy meals for family (and very occasionally friends) on a daily basis.
- Ideally both candidates will have a background knowledge in the hospitality industry and a great deal of self motivation and energy.
- Both candidates must be able to drive, and a vehicle is available for them to use.
- The family are an informal family who lead busy lives and require staff around them who are willing and flexible.
- You must be happy to work as part of a wider team, including family office, to support the family.
- Must hold EU passports and speak fluent English
- Live in role – accommodation is provided (bills included)
- Ski Pass in one resort, with day passes in another (this is negotiable if couple would prefer the cash value)
- Ski Hire also negotiable (although family looking for a couple into their snow sports!)
- All travel costs to and from resort
- The role has the ability to become permanent (working at property in Cornwall in the Summer Season), or span over multiple winter seasons.
- Dependent on Experience: £4,400 Net combined, per month negotiable
- Location: Swiss and French Alps & Cornwall, UK
- Job Status: LIVE
- Start date: ASAP / October 2023 – April 2024 (view to go permanent)
As a bonus, we are looking for a couple who would like to work for 2 months prior to the season starting – in the family’s Cornwall home. This will be similar work to within a chalet; housekeeping, dealing with contractors and closing the house for the season.
The family would likely visit once or twice during this time for a few days at a time. This is a lovely property, right on the sea in Cornwall, with private separate accommodation, and access to a car. A good run up to the season, and a good opportunity to settle into the role.
We would also consider a shorter ‘trial’ for the chalet couple to come to Cornwall while the family are there.
- Working week ~ 5 days per week – Flexibility is required. Longer hours, and additional days will be needed when the family is in residence.
- Days in lieu to be taken when family are not there.
- EU Passport Preferred. GHIC required. UK Candidates considered.
- Both must drive.
- Confident Cook. Ideally with qualification, but visible cooking experience essential.
- The couple must have experience working together, and have worked at least 2 ski or yacht seasons.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Minimum age of 25 (ideally 30)