We are looking for an experienced chalet couple (chef and manager) to manage our clients luxury ski-in, ski-out chalet in Les Houches, Chamonix this Winter 23/24.
- Managing the team and coordinating rosters;
- Inter-acting with guests before their visit to coordinate transfers, ski lessons, menus, ski hire, lift passes and any thing else that guests require;
- Management of all meal service; breakfast, tea and dinner including wine and drinks;
- Although the manager will coordinate the team this is also a “doing role” and the manager will be required to be hands on and an active member of the team serving food, drinks and cleaning.
- Coordinating on all matters with the owners;
- Making payments to suppliers and managing pay roll, with all invoices filed and provided to the accountants;
- Creating menus on a weekly basis, tailored specifically to the guests;
- Responsible for offering a cooked breakfast to order, afternoon tea, canapés and formal evening meal as well as dietary requests.
- Maintaining food hygiene, general health & safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas;
- Keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable at all times;
- Responsible for all equipment in the kitchen and addressing any maintenance issues that might arise;
- Responsible for coordinating staff meals;
- Managing the food budget;
- Advising on drink requirements and ordering as required and managing drink budget in conjunction with chalet manager;
- Training staff to serve breakfast on chef's day off and to provide emergency cover, if ever required
- Background working in chalets as a chalet couple – management level
- Experience cooking to a high standard and managing/exceeding guest expectations
- Capable of managing a small team of staff
- Own initiative in all circumstances
- Commitment to a full winter season
- The role is live-in, accommodation provided
- All board – meals on shift
- Ski pass, ski hire and insurance.
- All travel costs to and from resort are paid for.
- The roles have the scope to span multiple seasons, previous couples have worked with our client for three or four winter seasons
- Low occupancy, lots of downtime when no guests/owners
- Vehicle provided
- Job Status: LIVE
- Responsible Consultant: Charlotte Philip-Smith
- Location: Chamonix, French Alps
- Salary: from €4000 combined per month