We are looking for chefs at the top of their game for some of the most exclusive chalets in the Alps. The food takes centre stage in this boutique company and the ideal candidate will have a unique style and at least 5 years of fine dining experience under their belt. This is a lovely client to work for, and staff and guests return year after year. The season runs from December 2023 to April 2024.
Responsibilities of chalet chefs:
- To provide guests with an outstanding food experience during their stay.
- Build bespoke menus around the client and spark their interest in fascinating plates and experiences.
- Prepare a well-balanced and interesting menu that offers the guest interest, creativity and flexibility.
- Freshly prepare and cook, breakfast (at least one cooked option each morning), afternoon tea (freshly baked on
- the day), and an evening supper five days a week within a generous budget. Dinner will be to a very high standard, with presentation being as important as the quality of the food. You may be required to prepare a simpler separate menu for children.
- A selection of canapés will be prepared once a week (normally on the first evening, but may additionally be required on special occasions).
- Once a week (on change-over day, Sundays) you will work as part of the chalet team to make sure all rooms are cleaned and prepared for new guests.
- You may also be asked to prepare food for cocktail parties or special events instead of diner on certain occasions.
- Ordering of or shopping for all food items from agreed suppliers and checking that any goods delivered to the chalet are as ordered and correct in quantity.
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area, paying particular attention to health and hygiene standards.
- Ensure all our clients’ expectations are met, if not exceeded, at all times.
- Provide staff meals when requested and ensure food order collections are adhered to around the needs of the guest first.
- Greet guests and help with luggage when necessary on arrival and departure
- Must hold a European passport or right to work in Europe.
- Will have a flexible attitude to your role, company, team members and clients.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working within the luxury service industry with either luxury ski chalet, Michelin restaurant or super yacht experience.
- The ability to be flexible to work with clients from across the world with different tastes and requirements
- Experience of delivering bespoke menus with unique dietary requirements
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Full, clean driving licence would be advantageous
- Fluent in English and should speak at least conversational French or be able to order food in French
- Knowledge of ski resorts/season life is essential
- Accommodation provided
- Lift pass and ski equipment for the season
- Job Status: LIVE
- Responsible Consultant: Charlotte Philip-Smith
- Location: Val d’Isere, France
- Salary: Salary: €2300 net per month + overtime