Silver Swan is currently looking for an experienced Estate Management Couple for our client’s exclusive safari lodge in Kenya. The ideal Estate Management Couple will be expected to manage and operate this ultra-luxurious, 250 acre-private estate. This is a unique opportunity to live and work in a remote location providing exceptional experience in all aspects of managing a formal residence for UHNW guests. A relocation package will be offered for the successful Estate Management Couple with the desired experience. The client is looking for a couple who are competent and managing up to 50 local staff and who have a background working in remote locations. The couple must have high-end cooking experience and competence in managing a team as well as exceeding guest expectations. Chef and Manager Couple applications only.
- House Management of the private estate and its staff Management, organisation and overseeing operations of the property
- Organised, methodical, hands on, strong commercial sense and financial acumen.
- Firm and fair management methods and leadership skills.
- Cover for any role/department to ensure the smooth operation of the properties.
- Working closely with the Beach Managers and the General Managers of the estate Manage, lead, motivate, mentor and on-going training of circa 50 permanent staff and additional casual staff.
- Direction and management of the interior; service and kitchen and exterior, maintenance and landscaping team
- Logistics planning and arrangements and management of the Guest Experience, including, daily activities, concierge requirements, guest enjoyment and attention to detail at all times.
- Oversee and manage the IT systems and equipment, including Wifi/Internet, Sonos and the Cinema. Direction and management of the Security Teams and security processes and any necessary liaison with the Conservancy/Estate Security Team as well as any government security authorities
- Annual budget preparation, discussion with London Office and presentation of the budgets to the GM.
- Commercial and purchasing negotiations. Purchasing, stock control and stores. Thorough and regular checking, authorisation and submission of orders, payments, inventories, and cash controls.
- Maintenance and updating of the Property Asset Register.
- Routine and random inventory and stock checks and controls across all areas of the operation.
- Human Resources: Staff off and Leave Schedules, Staff Team building and events, Staff issues Compilation of Staff payroll details in collaboration with internal Admin Office Staff disciplinary action and liaison with Department of Labor Community relations and CSR projects coordination.
- Management, stocking and sales.
- Co-ordination of imported shipments including the owners’ personal items, assets and fine and house wines.
- Liaise with and assist as required the Equestrian manager for the on site stud farm
- Cooking for guests; breakfast, lunches and dinners
- Preparing and ordering from suppliers, managing the kitchen and cooking for management if ever required
- The ideal couple should have experienced working in Africa/Safari resorts previously
- Couple should have worked together in luxury chalets, villas or lodges; working as a chef and host/manager
- Comfortable working in remote locations such as safaris
- A couple who have worked in a very high end lodge or private house in a remote location
- Willing to relocate and live in a vast acre estate
- Experience as a management couple overseeing a large estate and its staff
- Experience working as a couple together for a minimum of 5-7 years
- Must have exceptional CVs and experience as an estate management couple
- Must have relevant hospitality qualifications / university certificates in order to gain visa
- Salary: $10,000 per month, combined (gross)
- $1500 per annum each provided for health insurance
- Accommodation and property provided to live in
- Excellent opportunity for a fantastic couple to manage a fabulous estate in beautiful Kenya
- Relocation package and work visas provided
- Start date: Before November 2024
- Location: Kenya, East Africa
Job Status: LIVE
Responsible Consultant: Ana López Ríos