Silver Swan is seeking a Live-In Housekeeper for a truly stunning, remote country estate in Herefordshire. This Grade II listed Georgian house is quite remote, so we are looking for someone who is content with country living. The house requires an experienced Housekeeper who is comfortable caring for fine art, tapestries, and antiques throughout the house. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have worked in large formal homes previously. You will be reporting to the house manager who has a great working relationship with the principal and staff. This role presents a unique opportunity for an experienced Housekeeper to join a remote country estate and contribute to the preservation and maintenance of its historic and elegant interiors.
Please Note: Candidates must have a legal right to live and work in the UK prior to applying as, unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship.
If you do not have a legal right to live and work in the UK, your application will NOT be considered.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to maintain the cleanliness and order of the estate
- Execute cleaning tasks, including but not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, and sanitising various surfaces
- Manage laundry tasks, including washing, drying, folding, and ironing of linens, clothing, and delicate fabrics
- Ensure the highest standards of care for fine fabrics, antiques, and other delicate household items
- Handle and care for fine art, tapestries, and antiques throughout the house
- Perform deep cleans when required to maintain the integrity of the estate
- Proven experience as a Housekeeper in large formal homes or estates, preferably with experience caring for fine art, tapestries, and antiques
- Comfortable with country living and remote locations
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous approach to cleaning and care of delicate items
- Ability to work autonomously while also collaborating effectively with the house manager and other staff members
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks efficiently
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate changing schedules and household needs
- Professional demeanour and excellent communication skills
- Salary: £35,000 per annum.
- Live-In: Initially, accommodation will be in the staff wing of the house with a separate entrance. In 3-4 months, a cottage will be available.
- 5 days per week – weekends included, with 2 days off midweek.
Job Status: LIVE
Responsible Consultant: Laura Reeves