Silver Swan is currently looking for a Housekeeper to work for a Russian family based in London. Please note that due to the nature of the arrangement, the position would be on a self-employed basis. The family is generous and values hard work, offering rewarding compensation for the dedicated Housekeeper that joins the household. The family consists of the principal and two teenagers, residing in a large four-story house, with only a few rooms in use. Additionally, there is a small Pomeranian dog, and other staff members include a nanny and a driver, so the Housekeeper will be expected to collaborate well with other members of staff. The family is typically away for all major holidays, providing the Housekeeper with approximately three months off annually for deep cleaning and spring cleans. Russian speakers are welcome. This position offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic household environment where hard work is appreciated and rewarded. If you thrive in a detail-oriented role and are confident in your abilities to meet the expectations of a discerning employer, we encourage you to apply.
Please Note: Candidates must have a legal right to live and work in the UK prior to applying as, unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship.
If you do not have a legal right to live and work in the UK, your application will NOT be considered.
- Perform general housekeeping duties, including cleaning, laundry, and ironing
- Prepare basic family meals; the principal eats only fish and has 10 recipes on rotation, which will be taught to the Housekeeper
- Handle household shopping and errands as needed
- Occasionally keep an eye on the 14-year-old daughter when principal is absent
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to assist with various tasks around the house
- MUST be happy to work on a self-employed basis
- Confident individual with exceptional attention to detail and anticipation skills
- Comfortable around small dogs
- Thick-skinned personality able to earn respect in a culture where directness is valued
- Reliable, capable, and helpful; must be switched on and proactive
- Must possess the right to live and work in the UK
- Ideally available to work weekends
- Salary: £45k or higher, commensurate with experience and skills
- Working week consisting of 5-6 days, approximately 8 hours per day
Job Status: LIVE
Responsible Consultant: Laura Reeves