Silver Swan is currently looking for an experienced Chalet Manager / Chef Couple with a background working together in luxury chalets for UHNW, VIP guests. This is an excellent opportunity for a Chalet Manager / Chef Couple to work within our client’s sensational chalet in Cervinia, Italy. The ideal Chalet Manager / Chef Couple should be able to speak fluent English, with Italian fluency preferred. The opportunity starts in October 2024 with interviews taking place as soon as possible, with the potential to commence this summer, 2024.
Please Note: Candidates must hold an EU passport prior to applying as, unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship.
If you do not hold an EU passport upon applying, your application will NOT be considered.
- Oversee, create and maintain a welcoming and comfortable environment within the chalet.
- Provide team/guests with information, help and guidance to exceed expectations.
- Speak directly to our guests regularly, monitor/action feedback to ensure that the service provided is on point.
- Proactively advertise in-resort activities/restaurants and be in charge of concierge duties for our guests pre-arrival and once guests are in-resort.
- Build an excellent working relationship with all suppliers and service providers & monitor the services they provide in order to exceed expectations.
- Take responsibility for assisting, organising, coordinating and delivering preseason staff training.
- To be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements during the season.
- To set/monitor staff objectives, motivate and develop your team to succeed and achieve all set targets.
- Coordinate all staff work rotas.
- Operate within the set expenditure budget for the chalet and implement strict control measures to ensure these are being met.
- Drive and monitor the sales of special food items, beverages, spa, lift passes, equipment hire, tuition, etc.
- Take responsibility for the management of ordering and purchasing for the chalet including stock orders, levels, stock takes while monitoring/recording all wastage.
- To ensure that the chalet environment is a safe place in which to work and stay (fire & work safety, avalanche protocols).
- You’ll support the kitchen team in planning a varied 6-7-day menu and consistently seek to improve the standards of food delivered to guests.
- Ensure that all HACCP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure that any individual guest dietary requirements are being met.
- Remain compliant with all health & safety audits and ensure you provide your team with a safe working environment at all times
- Must possess an EU passport
- Available to work full time from the start of October 2024 to the end of April 2025, there is a potential to extend the seasonal contract to a year-round position
- The Chalet Manager will need to demonstrate they have led teams successfully in the hospitality sector
- Applicants must either have a recognised qualification in hospitality and/or, and minimum of 2 years’ experience working in luxury hospitality sector – luxury chalets, luxury villas, super-yachts, high-end restaurants and events company etc
- A comprehensive knowledge of current high-end service practices is essential, as well as a good understanding of food and wine pairings
- An understanding of both spoken and written English and Italian or French (as both are fluently spoken in Aosta valley) will also be seen favourably
- We expect you to be resourceful and able to think on your feet, adapting to constantly changing surroundings and situations
- Extremely high standard of culinary experience, background in fine dining restaurants, chalets and villas are important
- Salary: €3000-€3500 per month (NET each)
- Start date: October 2024 – April 2025 (with view to extend to full time)
- Live in accommodation provided
- Flights and travel paid
- Holiday and time off Winter and Summer season work on a full time basis
- Meals on shift
- Location: Cervinia, Italy
Job Status: LIVE
Responsible Consultant: Ana López Ríos